Lloyds TSB Reports Savers Aiming To Build Up £5000 Pot In 2012
• On average, people set a savings goal target of £5,384
• Those who have set savings goals in 2012 are already 11% of the way towards achieving their target in just two months
/EINPresswire.com/People are saving for holidays and home ownership more than anything else in 2012, and those who have set clear targets are already well on their way towards achieving their goal, according to the latest data from Lloyds TSB's Money Manager.
Holidays, home ownership and buying a car are proving to be the most popular choices for those setting savings goals, while many are also setting aside money to reduce debts, pay for wedding costs and even prepare for Christmas. Furthermore, merely saving for a rainy day, without a specific target in mind, is proving to be a popular choice for many.
Savings Goals is part of Lloyds TSB's Money Manager, a free, easy-to-use Internet Banking service that can help customers keep track of their money across their Lloyds TSB personal current and credit card accounts.
Money Manager is just one of many smart features on offer with a Lloyds TSB current account, including:
• Save the change - a simple everyday way to save towards a goal. Every time a customer uses their Lloyds TSB VISA debit card the amount that is spent is rounded up to the nearest pound and the difference is transferred from a current account into an eligible Lloyds TSB savings account.
• Vantage - customers can earn up to 3% AER on balances up to £5,000. To qualify for the tiered variable interest rates customers must pay in a minimum of £1,000 every month and stay in credit.
• Added Value Account - customers can upgrade to an Added Value Account and, for a monthly fee, get a range of useful benefits such as Travel Insurance, AA Breakdown Cover, Mobile Phone Insurance and Sentinel Card Protection.
LTSB customer services
0845 300 0000
PR courtesy of Online PR Media.